GatorWell Health Promotion Services is seeking an enthusiastic, outgoing, professional motivated to lead interpersonal violence prevention initiatives at the University of Florida. The individual will be part of a dynamic Health Promotion team supporting the development of positive health behaviors among our college students. While collaborating with others, the Interpersonal Violence Prevention Health Promotion Specialist will be responsible for utilizing evidence and theory based principles to develop, implement, and evaluate interpersonal violence prevention initiatives for students. This professional will provide individual student services, as aligned with the department, and advocate for policies that address campus and community health. This position will also train, direct, supervise and evaluate student staff.
• Demonstrated knowledge of health promotion, behavior change, population-based theories and models, and evidence-based health promotion programs/initiatives
• Demonstrated knowledge of interpersonal violence prevention programming theory, and current research and assessment practices in the field of interpersonal violence prevention
• Knowledge of relevant federal laws and regulations as they pertain to interpersonal violence prevention and education efforts
• Demonstrated skills in gathering, compiling, and synthesizing information to develop interpersonal violence prevention initiatives and educational materials for a diverse group of students
• Demonstrated skills in a variety of educational methods (e.g., presentations, workshops, trainings, individual behavior change sessions and small group discussion/facilitation)
• Supervisory and organizational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and assessment tools such as Qualtrics
• Ability to incorporate ACHA SPHPHE and Healthy Campus 2020 objectives into all aspects of health promotion initiatives
• Ability to analyze problems, conduct research, and implement solutions
• Ability to lead challenging conversations with respect and empathy
• Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders, on campus and in the community
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Work effectively and compassionately with individuals who have experienced interpersonal violence
• Willing to be an active member of at least one relevant professional organization
• Maturity to satisfactorily discharge assigned responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, implement, and evaluate theory-based and evidence-informed interpersonal violence prevention strategies, policies, programs, and services
• Provide individual student services as aligned with the department, such as Wellness Coaching and HIV Testing
• Hire, supervise and manage various student staff and volunteers
• Support data tracking and report development related to interpersonal violence prevention strategies, programs, and services. Support department grant funding and reporting
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to interpersonal violence prevention. Represent UF on appropriate committees or at conferences on the national, state, and university levels
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.
• Master’s degree in public health, health promotion, health policy, or health education; or a bachelor’s degree in one of these areas or other health related field and three years of related health promotion work experience
• Preferable experience in a higher education environment.
• Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) or Certified in Public Health (CPH)
• Certified Wellness Coach [or eligible and intent to become certified]
• Experience with design and implementation of health promotion programs on interpersonal violence prevention issues
• Experience conducting assessments and using results to guide programmatic decisions
Tagged as: CHES certified
Brief Summary of Work for this Position: The School of Health and Applied Human Sciences, within the College of Health...Apply For This Job
Requisition: E1800604 Open Date: 02/15/2018 Review Date: 03/17/2018 Job Category: Administrative Department: Kinesiology and Health Science College/Unit: E Eccles Jones...Apply For This Job
Health Department SUNY Cortland POSITION: Full-time tenure track position in Community Health and Health Promotion at the rank of Assistant...Apply For This Job