We are currently seeking an ambitious, Part-Time Health Fitness Specialist that is passionate about providing healthy lifestyle programs to work at our corporate fitness center located in Burlington, MA. A Reach Fitness Health Fitness Specialist (HFS) identifies participant goals, performs individualized assessments, implements progressive and personalized exercise programs, and will teach a variety of group exercise classes. The HFS will provide outstanding customer service for our participants and will engage members regularly. Initial training is required upon hire and continuing education is encouraged throughout employment with Reach Fitness. The HFS will stay actively involved in wellness programs for our members, which will include competitions, screenings, newsletters, lectures and health and wellness fairs.
• Implement and follow all fitness/wellness based policies and procedures as determined by REACH and Client.
• Greet members and guests as they enter the fitness center with a friendly and professional manner, focusing on high level customer service.
• Respond to member/guest suggestions, concerns, and complaints in a timely, professional, and consistent manner.
• Ensure fitness center is picked up and organized, includes re-racking weights, towel service, and making sure all exercise accessories are put back neatly.
• Able to perform emergency action plans and administer first aid and CPR/AED as necessary
• Proactively engage members on the fitness floor, promote services, increase utilization and retention through creative marketing avenues.
• Supervision of fitness floor and all members or guests exercising in the fitness center. Must be able to demonstrate proper use of all fitness equipment.
• Ability to teach fitness classes
• Perform fitness evaluations of client’s abilities, needs, and physical conditions, to develop and implement progressive, individualized exercise programs to meet any special requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or a related field and/or
• Current NCCA accredited Personal Training Certification
• Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification
• Must possess working knowledge of fitness assessments protocol and exercise design
• Must have working knowledge small tools (Kettlebells, TRX, exercise balls, etc.)
• Must communicate in a clear and professional manner
• Must be able to lift 45lbs
• Prior experience in corporate fitness
• Specialty Certifications: (Kettlebells, TRX, RIP Trainer, ViPR, Corrective Movement)
• Current nationally recognized group fitness instructor certification (NCCA preferred)