The Health Department at SUNY Cortland is seeking a tenure-track Instructor in School Health. SUNY Cortland tenure track faculty are responsible for contributing to an academic community dedicated to diverse learning experiences. This is accomplished through outstanding teaching, research and/or scholarship, service to the department and college, and by providing academic advisement and mentoring to our students. Faculty are expected to maintain a routine presence on campus to support our Campus Values of Focusing on the Students, Integrity, and Intellectual Life, and serve our Campus Priorities of Academic Excellence, Transformational Education, Well-being, and the Maximization of Resources.
The Health Department, housed in the School of Professional Studies, offers CAEP accredited school health education programs at the bachelor’s and master’s degree levels, a CEPH accredited undergraduate program in community/public health, a human services studies program, a master’s degree in community health, and a new interdisciplinary healthcare management undergraduate degree in conjunction with the Economics Department. In addition, the Health Department delivers a number of courses required for degree programs in other departments.
A department with a long history of dedication to equity, inclusion, diversity and social justice, the Health Department features robust service learning experiences embedded in its programs, increasing opportunities for faculty and student international experiences, and a strong commitment to student-centered learning.
The Health Department has over 200 students enrolled in three undergraduate programs and two master’s programs. Thirty-one percent of undergraduate students enrolled in Health Department programs are from underrepresented groups-a percentage higher than the college as a whole. Candidates are encouraged to review the department website at http://www.cortland.edu/health.
The major responsibilities of the position are to:
• Teach courses in the undergraduate and graduate school health education programs
• Supervise student teachers
• Carry out program assessment activities for the maintenance of CAEP accreditation
• Advise and mentor health education students
• Work with the School Partnerships Coordinator and the Field Experience and School Partnerships Office on placement of teacher candidates into student teaching and field experiences.
• Provide service to the Health Department, the local/state/national school health education profession, the School of Professional Studies, the SUNY Cortland campus community, and/or the State University of New York.
• Engage in scholarly work and activities as appropriate to the application and receipt of tenure for an Instructor at SUNY Cortland.
Job Requirements include:
• Working knowledge of current NY state and national school health frameworks (e.g. WSCC) and guidance documents
• Commitment to applied and active learning strategies
• Commitment to inclusive excellence, equity, inclusion, diversity and social justice.
• Desire to work with students from diverse backgrounds
• Master’s degree
• Public school health teacher certification
• At least 3 years experience as a school health teacher at the primary and/or secondary levels
• New York teacher certification in school health
• Recent public school teaching experience in health
• Experience teaching diverse and disadvantaged students
• Involvement as a member of a state and/or national professional association related to school health education
• On-going engagement in professional development activities
• Engagement in scholarly activities (e.g. conference presentations, publications, successful external grant applications).
The Department of Public Health & Health Education at The College at Brockport, State University of New York, invites applications...Apply For This Job
Assistant/Associate Professor, Health Education and Promotion (Addictions and Substance Abuse) The Department of Health Science, College of Human Environmental...Apply For This Job
Position The Towson University Women’s and Gender Studies department invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position with a specialization...Apply For This Job